At Mahatma Gandhi International Hindi University, Wardha, Maharashtra, a large number of larvae were found in the food of the students in the hostel on Saturday evening.
A shocking incident came to light when some students vomitted after having dinner at hostel. 10 students were hospitalised for food poisoning in Kasturba Gandhi hospital Sewagram, Wardha.
After this near about 200 students protested in large numbers on the University premises and moved their march towards the VC residence. This protest started from 9 pm to 2 am.
Taking into account the seriousness of the incident, the acting chancellor returned to the University at night and explained to the students that a case should be filed against the accused.
Students told that earlier many applications were submitted to the vice-chancellor of the University regarding this but were brushed aside. The vice-chancellor of the university is not paying attention to this incident which has been going on for the past 3-4 months.
Students further told that authorities were only assuring them that they will take action but no action was taken against it, and mess service provider continued to serve same food.
Further details are awaited.